Principles of Partnership
- Partnerships with local and global organizations are an essential element of all functions of the UCGHI and COEs. The approach to partnerships is defined by flexibility and transparency.
- Partners will collaborate to fulfill the COE mission in at least one of the following functions: education, research, and action
- Whenever possible, COEs will build on existing partnerships developed by constituent faculty and/or organizations.
- Whenever possible, COEs will collaborate to build on partnerships at other COEs.
- The UCGHI will act to facilitate communication across COEs, identification of potential connections across COE partnerships, and development of institutional affiliations.
- As it develops, the UCGHI will propose a streamlined approach to developing institutional affiliations for the UC system and will take the lead on making agreements for formal partnerships (i.e., MOUs).
- As the UCGHI and COEs develop, regional hubs of partnerships may be identified and institutionalized (eg, with established centers to coordinate local field projects, research, etc.)
- To the extent possible, information on partnerships will be centrally maintained and made accessible to reduce redundancy and promote collaborations.