The GloCal Health Fellowship Program includes more than 160 top-tier global health research faculty mentors from the four UC GloCal Consortium campuses (UCSF, UC San Diego, UCLA, UC Davis) and the 20 affiliated international institutions. GloCal program faculty span a variety of disciplines including: anthropology, biology, chemistry, dentistry, economics, bioengineering, ethics, geography, law, medicine, molecular biology, nursing, oceanography, physics, political science, public health, sociology, statistics & biostatistics, and psychology.
GloCal fellows must have support from three committed faculty mentors. A mentor team consists of one mentor from each of the categories below:
- One of the four UC GloCal Consortium campuses (UC Davis, UCLA, UC San Diego, and UCSF).
- An affiliated international site.
- A “trans” mentor who is a senior investigator from a different field of expertise and/or a different geographic location than the fellow.
- Please note: if you are applying from one of the six UC campuses not part of the Consortium, the recommendation is to have your third “trans” mentor be someone from your home institution
If you are looking for a mentor, please reach out to one of the international site contacts, or refer to the mentor list below.
The GloCal Health Fellowship is part of a group of programs supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Fogarty International Center (FIC). The University of California campuses make up the GloCal Health Fellowship Consortium. Other Fogarty Health Fellowship programs include:
- UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- Florida International University, Miami, FL
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Yale University, New Haven, CT
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Morehouse University, Atlanta, GA
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Duke University, Durham, NC
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Boston University, Boston, MA
- Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM