Call for Abstracts
The UC Global Health Institute (UCGHI) invites abstracts for poster presentations that exemplify the breadth, depth, and transformative nature of current global health research, education and training, program development, and fieldwork. UC Global Health Day is a biennial conference showcasing the research, training, and outreach in global health being undertaken across the University of California and globally. The event is an opportunity for students, fellows, faculty, staff, and visiting scholars to share their current global health work. In addition to the poster session, the day will feature plenary sessions and panels covering a broad range of global health topics as it relates to policy and advocacy.
Process & Criteria
UCGHI seeks a broad range of topics to feature the rich diversity of work being done in global health across different disciplines and university campuses. Preference will be given to posters by students and posters featuring interdisciplinary and cross-campus collaborations. A committee of UC faculty and staff will evaluate each submission on its originality, presentation, topical relevance, quality & clarity, and recommend which submissions should be included in the UC Global Health Day 2024 poster session.
All accepted poster presenters will receive complimentary registration to UC Global Health Day 2024.
- Abstracts include: poster title, aims, methods, results, and conclusion.
- Total word count may not exceed 400 words.
- Abstracts be in narrative form – no tables, charts, or graphs.
- Abstracts will not be reviewed if incomplete and/or do not meet submission requirements.
- UC alumni can submit abstracts if they have graduated within the last 3 years (i.e., since 2021).
- Submitting authors must obtain pre-approval from any co-authors prior to submitting the abstract.
- Submitting author is expected to attend the event and present the poster. Do not submit an abstract if you do not plan to attend UC Global Health Day 2024.
- Limit of one abstract submission per person.
If your abstract is accepted:
- You will need to confirm your intention to participate. If UCGHI does not receive this confirmation by January 22nd, your space will be forfeited.
- Final printed poster dimensions should not exceed 36” in height and 48” in width.
- Pushpins, poster numbers and labels will be provided.
- Posters not retrieved by 3:00pm (at the end of the event) will be discarded.
- You cannot store your poster with UCGHI or UCLA prior to the event. Please make the necessary accommodations to store and transport your poster.
|Submission system opens
|Poster abstract submission deadline
|Notifications to accepted presenters
|Confirmations due from accepted presenters
Scholarships for Student Presenters
UCGHI will ONLY provide funding to support student poster presenters from the following campuses.*
|Poster presenters who are students from:
|Poster presenters who are students from:
|UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC San Francisco, UC Merced, UC Santa Cruz
|UC Irvine, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, UC Los Angeles, and Charles R. Drew University
|$400 maximum per person
|$200 maximum per person
- Travel scholarships awarded to current UC or CDU students only**
- Travel funding cannot be increased, deferred, or exchanged.
- Amounts will be determined by the location of the author's home UC campus.
- Funding support can only be used to offset travel expenses (standard domestic).
- Funding will be distributed in the form of reimbursements following the event.
- Reimbursements must comply with standard UC policy and include all relevant receipts and a signed reimbursement form. All requests for reimbursement must be received by April 7th, 2024 (one month after event date). One reimbursement request per presenter. Group reimbursement requests are not allowed.
*Complimentary registration is limited to the primary submitting author. Registration cannot be exchanged. If you are accepted and cannot present your poster at UC Global Health Day, your poster can be presented by another author, but they will not receive complimentary registration or be eligible for the student travel award.
** To qualify for funding, the poster presenter must be a current UC or Charles R. Drew University student and the primary submitting author. Funding does not apply to co-authors or non-student poster presenters.
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT HERE!
Questions? Email email@example.com.